Be Merry and Stress Free
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It can also be the most stressful. Holiday parties, sugary goodies, end of the year deadlines and all that running around wreaks havoc on our psyches and our skin. So, while you’re making those lists and checking them twice be sure to add a good home skincare regiment to keep your skin fresh and bright all through the season. Here’s the TriBeCa MedSpa “Nice” list for your skin:
- Cleanse. It’s basic and you’ve heard it before, but it’s extremely important to remove your makeup and wash off the day’s grime before you go to sleep. We love the Créme of Nectar Soothing Wash (DNA), which is very hydrating and perfect for this time of the year.
- Tone and Hydrate. Take a good look at your at home regiment and which products you are putting on your face. Dry skin is a particular concern this time of the year so it’s important that you are using products that seal in moisture. Rose Water is the perfect year-round toner. It’s super hydrating and you can’t go wrong with its anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties. Our Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum and Squalane Moisture Seal are great hydrators. Obaji’s Hydrate Facial Moisturizer is another great option for all skin types.
- Protect. Protecting your skin from the sun is particularly important in the wintertime. Just because it’s cold, don’t forget to apply sunscreen daily! The Oil Free Sun Block SPF 30 is our pick.
- Limit sugar. This is a tough one for those of us with a sweet tooth, but nutritional studies have linked sugar with aging. A process known as glycation, where sugar binds to the protein in our cells, occurs in our bodies every time we consume sugar. As this binding happens, our resilient collagen becomes brittle – which means wrinkles.
- Rest. You know you’re exhausted this time of year, but that means your skin is too! You have to let your skin rest for it to look its best. Bottom line: make sure you actually settle in for those long winter naps.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It can also be the most stressful. Holiday parties, sugary goodies, end of the year deadlines and all that running around wreaks havoc on our psyches...